Edward Aldey (1599–1673) was a canon of Canterbury from the Restoration until his death in 1673, occupying Stall XI. He was probably educated at the King's School, Canterbury, (1609–1612) and then at Hart Hall, Oxford (matriculated 1614, BA 1616, MA 1619) and was ordained in 1619. He was rector of St Andrews, Canterbury, from 1624. There are three books in the Chapter Library which were gifts which Aldey made to William Somner.
- Shelfmark W/H-4-5
- Richard Montagu, Bp. Acts and monuments of the Church before Christ incarnate. VVritten by Richard Montagu ... 1642.
- Inscription on verso of front free endpaper: Gul. Somneri Ex dono D. Edwardi Aldey, Canonici Cantuar.
- Shelfmark W/L-1-40
- Obertus Giphanius. Huberti Giphanii ... Tractatus de diversis regulis juris antiqui utilissimus. ... 1607.
- Inscription on verso of front free endpaper: Gul. Somneri, Cantuarien. Ex dono D. Edovardi Aldey, ecclesiæ S. Andreæ in ead. Vrbi Rectoris dignissimi, A.D. 1653.
- Shelfmark W/P-3-35
- Isaac Casaubon. Isaaci Casauboni ad Frontonem Ducaeum ... epistola.
- Inscription on title page (erased): Stephanus: Huffam. 1611.
- Inscription on second front free endpaper: Edward Aldey.
- Inscription on second front free endpaper: Wmi Somner ex dono Mri Aldey 15° Maij 1643.
- Communication from Peter Henderson.
- Clergy of the Church of England Database, record 2023.