Sir Francis Palgrave (1788–1861) was a Victorian archivist and historian and first head of the Public Record Office (1838). He was a fellow of the Royal Society (1821). His library was sold by auction in 1862. Some of his books are to be found in the Chapter Library.
- Shelfmark W/F-4-14/15
- William Cave. Scriptorum ecclesiasticorum historia literaria, a Christo nato usque ad Saeculum XIV. ... Accedunt Scriptores Gentiles, ... Autore Guilielmo Cave.
- Inscription on title page (twice): Francis Palgrave his book.
- Shelfmark W/D-2-29
- Jacob Gretser. Gemina aduersus Melchiorem Guldinastum Caluinianum replicatorem, ... defensio. Prior pro ... catholici imperij ... maiestate, ....
- Inscription on title page: Soc[ieta]tis Jesv Antuerp. D. P.
- Printed label on front pastedown: Ex Bibliotheca P. P. C. Lammens.
- Inscription on title page: Francis Palgrave his book.
Inscription of verso of front free endpaper signed: Francis Palgrave 1 Nov. 1841.