Thomas Westley (c. 1585-11639) occupied Stall VII at Canterbury Cathedral from 1630 until his death in 1639. He was educated at Magdalen College, Oxford, (1600; clerk 1606-9; MA 1607; fellow 1610-30; B.D. or D.D. 1631). He was rector of St. Clements, Oxford, 1610, and of Great Chart, Kent, 1629.
The Benefactors' Book records his bequest of £20 to purchase books for the Chapter Library:
Thomas Westley S.T.D. et Canonicus Cantuariensis testamento legauit viginti libras; quo sumptu ad Bibliothecam hanc adornanda[m] hi libri subsequentes accessere. Cyrillus Alexandrinus. 7 vol: gr: lat: fol: W/M-6-14/20 Iustini Martiris opera. gr: lat: fol: W/M-2-12 G. Nysseni opera 3 vol: gr: lat: fol: W/E-5-30/31 Irinæi opera gr: lat: fol: W2/X-7-21? Oecumenius gr: lat: 2 vol: fol: W/M-5-13/14 Theophyl: in Evangel: et Epistolas 2 vol: fol: W/M-2-37 and W/M-2-38 Clemens Alexandrinus gr: lat: fol: — Eusebius Pamphilus 3 vol: græ: lat: fol: W/M-5-15 and W/M-5-16 Isidorus Pelusiota: gr: lat: fol: W/M-3-5 Dionisius Areopagita 2 vol: gr: lat: fol: W/M-2-15 Durantus de Ritibus. 8°. —
The books are listed in the 1649 inventory and were presumably purchased shortly after Westley's death.