From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Revision as of 08:47, 22 March 2016 by DavidShaw (acquisition date)
- Shelfmark W/D-5-9
- John Walker, D.D. Attempt towards recovering an account of the numbers and sufferings of the clergy ... heads of colleges, ... scholars, etc., who were sequester'd ...
- Inscription on paper label pasted on front pastedown: Liber Iacobi Nasmith, A.M. Coll. Corp. Xti Cant. Socii 1771.
- Bookseller's printed label on front pastedown: Sold by C.J. Stewart, 11 King William St. W. Strand, London.
- James Nasmith (1740–1808) was a fellow of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, from 1765.
- Charles John Stewart traded as a 'Theological bookseller' at 11 King William Street, W. Strand, London between 1837 and 1882. The Cathedral Library has a number of books with his label.
- BBTI (British Book Trade Index)