Difference between revisions of "W2/X-6-11"

From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Jump to: navigation, search
(update)
(update)
Line 6: Line 6:
 
::[http://pics.djshaw.co.uk/CCL/W2_X-6-11_inscription-A.jpg http://pics.djshaw.co.uk/CCL/W2_X-6-11_inscription-B.jpg]
 
::[http://pics.djshaw.co.uk/CCL/W2_X-6-11_inscription-A.jpg http://pics.djshaw.co.uk/CCL/W2_X-6-11_inscription-B.jpg]
  
:This book appears to have been given to the [[Elten, Imperial Abbey (Reichsstift S. Vitus)|Damenstift at Elten]] by a young lady called [[Stijnken (Christina) Kispenning]]. It later passed to the [[Convent of St Agnes, Emmerich|convent of St Agnes in Emmerich]]. The church and convent buildings at Elten were destroyed in 1585 and the convent was moved to Emmerich for some years.<ref>http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stift_Elten</ref> Elten is now part of the town of Emmerich on the German-Dutch border.
+
:This book appears to have been given to the [[Convent of St Ursula, Niederelten|Convent of St Ursula in Niederelten]] by a young lady called [[Stijnken (Christina) Kispenning]]. It later passed in the seventeenth century to the [[Convent of St Agnes, Emmerich|convent of St Agnes in Emmerich]]. Elten is now part of the town of Emmerich on the German-Dutch border.
 
:The book probably entered the Chapter Library by purchase in the nineteenth century following the closure of the convent.
 
:The book probably entered the Chapter Library by purchase in the nineteenth century following the closure of the convent.
 
{{:refs}}
 
{{:refs}}
 
[[Category:Shelfmark|W2/X-6-11]]
 
[[Category:Shelfmark|W2/X-6-11]]
 
</noinclude>
 
</noinclude>

Revision as of 21:26, 18 November 2014

Shelfmark W2/X-6-11
Paulus Diaconus. Homeliae: seu mauis, sermones siue conciones ad populum, prastantissimorum ecclesiae doctorum, Hieronymi, Augustini, Ambrosij, Gregorij, ... aliorum. Cologne: 1525. (VD16 ZV 12243)
Inscription (16c) on front pastedown: Dyt boeck hefft gegeu[en] de[me] Coue[n]t tho nederelten (?) dye vrom[m]e ind voirsichtige Jonckvrow Stijnken (?) Kispe[n]ninghes (?) voir en Testament.
Inscription (16c) on front pastedown: Ex libris conue[n]t[us] S. Agnetis Embr.
Inscription (16c) on final recto: Liber conuentus Stae Agnetis Embricensis
W2_X-6-11_inscription-B.jpg
This book appears to have been given to the Convent of St Ursula in Niederelten by a young lady called Stijnken (Christina) Kispenning. It later passed in the seventeenth century to the convent of St Agnes in Emmerich. Elten is now part of the town of Emmerich on the German-Dutch border.
The book probably entered the Chapter Library by purchase in the nineteenth century following the closure of the convent.
References