From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Revision as of 19:07, 15 November 2014 by DavidShaw (note added)
- Shelfmark W2/X-6-11
- Paulus Diaconus. Homeliae: seu mauis, sermones siue conciones ad populum, prastantissimorum ecclesiae doctorum, Hieronymi, Augustini, Ambrosij, Gregorij, ... aliorum. Cologne: 1525. (VD16 ZV 12243)
- Inscription (16c) on front pastedown: Dyt boeck hefft gegeu[en] de[m] Co[n]ue[n]t tho nederelten (?) dye vrom[m]e ind voirsichtige Jonckvrow Stijnken (?) Kisp[r]inghis (?) voir en Testament.
- Inscription (16c) on front pastedown: Ex libris conue[n]t[us] S. Agnetis Embr.
Inscription (16c) on final recto: Liber conuentus Stae Agnetis Embricensis
- This book appears to have been given to the Damenstift at Elten by a young lady called Stijnken (Christina) Kispringhis. It later passed to the convent of St Agnes in Emmerich. The church and convent buildings at Elten were destroyed in 1585 and the convent was moved to Emmerich for some years. Elten is now part of the town of Emmerich on the German-Dutch border.
- The book probably entered the Chapter Library by purchase in the nineteenth century following the closure of the convent.