Armorial binding stamps of Archbishop Bancroft
Binding stamps with the arms of Archbishop Richard Bancroft (1544–1610)
Arms of Archbishopric of Canterbury, impaled with arms of Bancroft
(Or, on a bend, between six cross-croslets, azure, three garbs of the field)
The books with these arms were duplicates from the library at Lambeth Palace, given to the Cathedral Library by Archbishop William Sancroft c. 1680 (Benefactors' Book CCA Lit.MS.E40, ff.108v and 115r).