Bavarian State Library, Munich
The Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, Munich was originally founded as the Royal Library of the Dukes of Bavaria in 1558. The Library acquired considerable quantities of older books following the secularisation of religious houses in the early 19th century; some sales of duplicates took place which resulted in many books from Bavarian monastic libraries finding their way into English collections. Its present building was opened in 1843. In 1919 it was renamed the Bavarian State Library.
- Shelfmark W/H-2-46
- Gulielmus Durandus. Rationale diuinorum officiorum, a Gulielmo Durando, ... concinnatum. Atque nunc recens .. illustratum. 1577.
- Inscription on title page: Ad Biblioth. SS. Adel. Et Cajet. Monachij.
- Library stamp on title page verso: Bibliotheca Regia Monacensis
- Presentation label on front free endpaper: ... by Mrs H.M. Chapman this 13th day of Nov. 1924.