From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark CCA-DCc-LitMs/E/36
- The four Gospels translated into the English out of the Vulgar Latine by Dr John Wickliffe . 1726.
- Inscription on sheet pasted on front pastedown: This Transcript was purchased at Sir Peter Thompson's sale, 1815. The corrections in the body of the Text, and the margin (which have been made with great attention) are in the handwriting of Lewis, and must be obvious to all acquainted with his autograph. His close connection with Thompson appears by the History of Thanet having been printed for the author, by Peter Thompson, and John Ames.
- Presentation label on front pastedown: This collection of anc. English Bibles, &c. was made by the late Rev. Thomas Coombe, D.D. and presented to this library by his sons, Rev. John Riché Coombe, and Rev. Thomas Coombe A.D. M.D.CCC.XXIII.
- Originally belonged to John Lewis (1675–1747) who wrote a life of Wycliffe (1723). It then belonged to Sir Peter Thompson. Apparently part of the sale of Thompson's books by his son (Evans, London, April, 1815), where it was purchased by Thomas Coombe. The book entered the Chapter Library in 1823 as part of the Coombe Collection of Bibles presented by Coombe's sons.