From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Sir Francis Palgrave (1788–1861) was a Victorian archivist and historian and first head of the Public Record Office (1838). His library was sold by auction in 1862. Some of his books are to be found in the Chapter Library.
- Shelfmark W/F-4-14/15
- William Cave. Scriptorum ecclesiasticorum historia literaria, a Christo nato usque ad Saeculum XIV. ... Accedunt Scriptores Gentiles, ... Autore Guilielmo Cave.
- Inscription on title page (twice): Francis Palgrave his book.
- Shelfmark W/D-2-29
- Jacob Gretser. Gemina aduersus Melchiorem Guldinastum Caluinianum replicatorem, ... defensio. Prior pro ... catholici imperij ... maiestate, ....
- Inscription on title page: Soc[ieta]tis Jesv Antuerp. D. P.
- Printed label on front pastedown: Ex Bibliotheca P. P. C. Lammens.
- Inscription on title page: Francis Palgrave his book.
Inscription of verso of front free endpaper signed: Francis Palgrave 1 Nov. 1841.