George Charles Pearson
George Charles Pearson (1814-1894) was the son of William Pearson, of Hopebourne House, Harbledown, Canterbury. He was educated at Christ Church, Oxford (M.A. 1838). Ordained deacon 1839, priest 1840, he was vicar of Thanington (1842-1844), rector of St Margaret's (1843-1847), first sub-warden of St Augustine’s College, Canterbury (1848-1852). In 1852 he became the first vicar of the new St Gregory's church until 1861 when he moved to Challock. Appointed Six Preacher (1866-1874) and Honorary Canon of Canterbury from 1874. 
- Shelfmark W/D-5-31
- Martin Luther. Colloquia mensalia; or, the familiar discourses of Dr. Martin Luther ... Collected ... by Dr. Antonius Lauterbach, ... translated ... by Captain Henry Bell.
- Inscription on front pastedown: Geo: Chas: Pearson Ex Aede Christi 1836.
- Presentation label on front free endpaper: by Revd. Canon Holland this 1st day of Jany. 1895.
- Derek Ingram Hill, The Six Preachers of Canterbury Cathedral, 1982, p. 102