Gerrard Andrewes (1750–1825) was Dean of Canterbury from 1809. He was educated at Westminster School and then at Trinity College, Cambridge (1769; B.A. 1773; Fellow, 1774; M.A. 1779; D.D. 1807). He was then an usher at Westminster School from 1771 to 1784. He was ordained deacon in 1776, priest in 1778. His subsequent career included rector of Zeal Monachorum, Dorset, 1788; preacher at Magdalen Hospital, London, 1791; at the Foundling Hospital, 1799; rector of Mickleham, Surrey, 1800-1813; rector of St James's, Piccadilly, London, 1802-1825. He was appointed Dean of Canterbury in 1809. He also became vicar of Great Bookham, Surrey in 1820 and was buried there in 1825.
- Shelfmark W2/X-8-5/8
- Rogers Ruding. Annals of the coinage of Britain and its dependencies, from the earliest period ... to the end of the fiftieth year of ... George III. 1817.
- Inscription on second front free endpaper: The Gift of the very Reverend Gerard Andrewes D.D. Dean of Canterbury.
- An undated donation by Gerrard Andrewes (1750–1825; Dean of Canterbury from 1809).
- This is presumably the Dean's own subscription copy: the subscription list includes 'The Very Rev. Gerrard Andrewes, D.D. Dean of Canterbury, Rector of St. James, F.S.A.' The Dean and Chapter are also listed as subscribing; their copy no longer appears to be in the Library.