From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark H/Z-7-15/18
- The English Atlas.
- Apparently bought for £3-0-0d from a gift of £8-16-6d from a Mr Watson in 1682/83 (CCA DCc/SC 1-2b and 3). The Dean and Chapter of Canterbury are listed in the list of subscribers at the front of volume 1 (column 3).
- The Treasurer’s Book for 1680/1681 (CCA DCc/TB 17) records the cost of delivery from London:
f. 29: Expensae Necessariae incertae
June 27 To the post (?) for bringing downe of ye first part of ye new Atlas — [£]0 2 0
A similar cost was incurred in 1683 for the delivery of volume 4 (CCA DCc/TB 19, f. 25r).
- Listed in the 1743 printed catalogue (p. 9).
- Early shelf mark H I 1 on inner front board. Listed in the 1802 printed catalogue at H.ii.1
- The Folger Library in Washington D.C. has a copy of an earlier engraved flyer and a letterpress Proposal concerning an English Atlas (1669; ESTC R41645) advertising subscriptions: