James Nasmith

From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Jump to: navigation, search

James Nasmith (1740-1808) was educated in Norwich and Amsterdam. He studied at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge (1760; B.A. 1764; M.A. 1767; D.D. 1797). He was elected a fellow of Corpus Christi in 1765.

Nasmith compiled a Catalogue of Archbishop Parker's manuscripts (1775) and then produced a catalogue of the manuscripts in the University Library.[1]

Shelfmark W/D-5-9
John Walker, D.D. Attempt towards recovering an account of the numbers and sufferings of the clergy ... heads of colleges, ... scholars, etc., who were sequester'd ...
London: 1714.
Inscription on paper label pasted on front pastedown: Liber Iacobi Nasmith, A.M. Coll. Corp. Xti Cant. Socii 1771.
Bookseller's printed label on front pastedown: Sold by C.J. Stewart, 11 King William St. W. Strand, London.
  1. Venn, ACAD Database, ID=NSMT760J