Jesuit Domus professa, Rome
From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Books formerly in the library of the Jesuit Domus professa in Rome
The first professed house of the Society of Jesus was the Roman residence of the Superior General (abbreviation: Dom. Prof. Rom.), which was located at the Gesù church until the suppression of the Society in 1773; and again from 1814 to 1873.
- Shelfmark W/M-5-10
- Paolo Giovio, the Elder. Pauli Iouii ... illustrium virorum vitae..
- Inscription on title page: Domus Prof. Rom. Soc. Iesu ex dono Porani (?) Plati.
- Wiktor Gramatowski SJ, Jesuit Glossary: Guide to understanding the documents. English version Camilla Russell.