From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark W/A-3-1(1)
- Holy Bible ... newly translated out of the original tongues, ... Appointed to be read in churches.
- Inscription on verso of front free endpaper: George Augustus Haldane's Bible, Sunday June 12th 1796.
- Presentation label on front free endpaper: presented by Captain H. McCance, 16 September 1924.
- Owned by George Augustus Haldane, 17th laird of Gleneagles, (1781–1799) and then by Captain Henry McCance (1867-1937), of the 1st Battalion Royal Scots, who presented it to the Library in 1924, presumably when he was living in Canterbury.