W/B-3-31/41

From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Jump to: navigation, search
Shelfmark W/B-3-31/41
Martin Luther. Des Theuren Mannes Gottes D. Martin Luthers sämtliche theils von ihm selbst Deutsch verfertigte, theils aus dessen Lateinischen ins Deutsche überset Schriften und Werke.
Leipzig: 1734.
Armorial bookplate on front pastedown: Ioann Eberhard Georgii S. W. D. Cons: Stat: int: et Consistor: Praeses.
Inscription on front free endpaper: Grunknower.
Bookseller's printed label on front pastedown: Sold by C.J. Stewart, 11 King William St. W. Strand, London
First owned by Johann Eberhard Georgii (1694-1772), an official at the court of Frederick the Great and President of the Consistory, and by an unidentified Grunknower.
Charles John Stewart traded as a 'Theological bookseller' at 11 King William Street, W. Strand, London, between 1837 and 1882.[1]. The Cathedral Library has a number of books with his label.
References
  1. BBTI (British Book Trade Index)