From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark W/C-2-56
- John Cowell. Interpreter: or booke containing the signification of words: ... mentioned in the lawe writers, or statutes of this ... Kingdome.
- Inscription on title page: Edward Cornford his booke Bought of Mathwe Gannon(?) the 26 of aprill i m 627.
- On second front free endpaper: Edward Corneford.
- On second front free endpaper: Richard Corneford.
- On verso of second front free endpaper: 1634 Willm Somner. Pretium - 4s 6d.
- First owned by Matthew Gannon who sold the book to Edward Cornford in 1627. The marriage of an Edward Corneford is recorded in Harbledown in 1615 and another in Canterbury in 1618.
- The book next belonged to Richard Cornford and was then bought by William Somner (or possibly by his father) in 1634. It presumably entered the Chapter Library on the purchase of Somner's books in 1669.
- Cornforth-L Archives, items 20 and 23 on RootsWeb.