W/F-4-23

From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Jump to: navigation, search
Shelfmark W/F-4-23
Matthew Parker. De antiquitate Britannicae ecclesiae et privilegiis ecclesiae Cantuariensis cum archiepiscopis ejusdem LXX. ... Recensente ... Samuele Drake ...
London: 1729.
Inscription on verso of title page: Jhonae Loco D. Thomas Williams A.M. Et Coll: Jesu, Oxon, socius. [in a different hand:] 1731
Inscription on second front free endpaper: [W or M?] St John Cooper
Inscription on first front free endpaper: Guy Bryan, Woodham Walter Rectory.
Inscription on first front free endpaper: John Parker, Boulogne [./.] 1894
Thomas Williams, fellow of Jesus College, Oxford, appears to have given the book to Jonas Locke. He may be Thomas Williams, Rector of Llanspyddid from 1708 to 1731.[1]
Guy Bryan (1782–1870) was rector of Woodham Walter in Essex.
St John Cooper and John Parker are currently unidentified.
References
  1. Sir Anthony Wagner, 'The Powels of Devynock and Church Lawford', The Brecknock Society in Brycheiniog, vol. X (1964), p.2.