From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Jump to: navigation, search
Shelfmark W/G-5-5
Etienne de Courcelles. Stephani Curcellaei Opera theologica, quorum pars praecipua institutio religionis Christianae. ...
Amsterdam: 1675.
Inscription on second front free endpaper with dedication to Archdeacon Samuel Parker dated Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, 18 July 1675: Liber Bibliothecæ Cathedralis quæ est Cantuariæ Ex Benevolentiâ et Dono, Henrici Jenkes Philosophi Christiani.
Given to the Cathedral Library by Henry Jenkes (d.1697), fellow of Caius College, Cambridge, through the intermediacy of Samuel Parker, who was Archdeacon of Canterbury (1670–1688), prebendary of Stall II (1672-1685), and master of the Eastbridge Hospital from 1673.