From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark W/H-2-28/29
- Henry Ainsworth. Annotations upon the five bookes of Moses, and the Booke of the Psalmes. Wherein the Hebrew words ... are compared and explained by the ... Greeke and Chaldee versions, ... By H.A.
- Inscription on front free endpaper of vol. 2: Jo: Boys Feb. 27. 1623.
- The inscription in the second volume appears to record the book's purchase in 1623 by Dean John Boys (1571–1625).
- This title appears in the 1634 inventory as Hen: Ainsworth com[m]ent. in Pentateuch. psalmos et Cant: Canti: London. fol. and in the 1638 inventory as Ainsworth’s Workes.
- The Benefactors' Book (f.112v) records a gift of this title by Archbishop George Abbot (1562–1633): Ainsworths workes. fol:. It seems likely that the book passed to Archbishop Abbot after the death of John Boys and then came to the Chapter Library on Abbot's death.
- Another entry in the Benefactors' Book also records a similar title, given by Lady Anna Palmer: Ainsworth on Pent. 2. vol. 4to. which is probably W/C-7-23.