From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark W/I-3-33
- Richard Clerke. Sermons preached by ... Richard Clerke, ... published ... by Charles White, ....
- Armorial bookplate on front pastedown (three crescents and a chevron): Wm Gostling.
- Probably given by the Canterbury antiquary William Gostling or possibly his son Captain William Gostling. The book is listed in the 1802 printed catalogue at shelfmark D.ii.29.
- The author Richard Clerke (or Clarke) was rector of Minster in Thanet and a Six Preacher (1602–1633). The Benefactors' Book records that he gave the Library an 8-volume copy of the Plantin Polyglott Bible.
- The editor Charles White is recorded as succeeding him as a Six Preacher in 1633; he was vicar of Bekesbourne at the date of publication.