From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark W/K-3-60
- Jean Filesac. De sacra episcoporum auctoritate. Seu ad tit. de Off. Iud. Ord. lib. 1. Decretal. Commentarius. Auctore Ioanne Filesaco ... 1606.
- Gold-tooled initials R B on both boards.
- The initials "R B" have been identified by James Carley as those of Archbishop Richard Bancroft. They had previously been thought to be those of Richard Byrde, canon of Stall X from 1590 to 1609 (pencil note on front pastedown).
- The volume became part of Lambeth Palace Library on Bancroft's death in 1610. It has the shelfmark "J η 29" on the front paste down; this was given when it was transferred in the 1650s from Lambeth Palace to Cambridge University Library. It returned to Lambeth in 1664 and was given the shelfmark 7 K 25 on the front free endpaper. It presumably came to Canterbury as part of the Lambeth duplicates given by Archbishop Sancroft.
- Identifications made by Professor Carley.