From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
Jump to: navigation, search
Shelfmark W/K-4-1/4
James Anderson, Writer to the Signet.. Collections relating to the history of Mary Queen of Scotland ... Containing ... original papers never before printed. ... Revised and published by James Anderson, Esq;. Edinburgh: 1728.
Armorial bookplate on verso of title page (vols 2 and 3, removed in vols 1 and 4): Sir Tho:s Brand Knt. Gentleman Usher of the Green Rod and Gentleman Usher Daily Wait.r to His Majesty Anno 1735 to His Majesty Anno 1735.
Bookseller’s printed label on front pastedown: Sold by C. J. Stewart, 11 King William St. W. Strand, London
Originally owned by Sir Thomas Brand (c. 1669? – 1761?), this book was sold to the Chapter Library by Charles John Stewart, whose shop was in the Strand between 1837 and 1882.