From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark W/L-3-19
- Eusebius Renaudot. Ancient accounts of India and China. 1733.
- Inscription on front free endpaper: John Innys 1754 Redland Court Glouc.
- Inscription on front pastedown (partly obscured): Wm B. Elwyn Coll. Reg. Oxon.
- Armorial bookplate on front pastedown: William Harrison
- John Innys of Redland Court, Gloucestershire, died in 1778, aged 83. He was the brother of the London bookseller William Innys.
- William Brame Elwyn, D.C.L. (c.1744–1841) was for many years Recorder of Deal, and a magistrate for Middlesex. He was the eldest son of the late Alderman Thomas Elwyn, of Canterbury.
- Possibly the armorial bookplate of William Harrison F.S.A. (1802-1884) whose library was sold in 1881.
- Aleyn Lyell Reade, Johnsonian gleanings, Part III 'The Doctor's Boyhood'. London: The Arden Press, 1922, p.99.