From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark W/P-2-20
- Roger Ascham. Rogeri Aschami epistolarum, libri quatuor. Accessit Joannis Sturmii, aliorumque ad Aschamum, ... epistolarum liber unus ....
- Letter on third front endpaper from William Elstob presenting a copy of the book to Charles Elstob (dated London, 22 July).
- Letter on fourth front endpaper from Charles Elstob, dated Canterbury, 13 August, acknowledging gift of a copy of the book from William Elstob.
- Inscription on title page: Ste: Hunt.
- This book was a gift from William Elstob (1673–1715) to his uncle Charles Elstob, canon of Stall VIII from 1685 to 1721. The date of these letters must be between 1703 and 1714.
- The book later came into the possession of Stephen Hunt and presumably passed to the Cathedral as part of his bequest of 1714.