From History of Canterbury Cathedral Library
- Shelfmark W/R-8-27
- Pliny, the Elder.. Historia naturalis. ... vna cum annotationibus Hermolai Barbari, ... .
- Inscription on title page: Edward Scudamore M.D. St Georges Place Canterbury.
- Inscription on second front free endpaper initialled S. J.; later inscription: The autograph of Dr Samuel Johnson?
- Dr Edward Scudamore (1778–1850) gave a number of books to the Chapter Library in the 1840s.
- The attribution of the earlier inscription to Samuel Johnson seems fanciful.